Planning of a wedding takes time and requires numerous considerations. We often focus on stuff like food, decoration, and music, but the importance of a professional wedding MC is usually neglected.
Here we discuss why a professional MC (Master of Ceremonies) is important for a wedding.
- A wedding guest playing the role of an MC can’t give undivided attention to this role. A professional, on the other hand, will focus only on his/her responsibilities as an MC.
- A professional knows where to perform formal duties and where to add a humorous flavor during the reception.
- S/he will perform all of these necessary functions:
- Organize and introduce the parents and wedding party
- Announce the cake cutting ceremony
- Present the bride and groom’s first dance, parent dances and other activities
- Introducethebest man’s speech, father of the bride’s speech, and also introduction of the first dance
- Control the pace and flow of the event
- Professional MCs use a commanding and strong voice to receive the respect and attention of the guests. This is necessary to ensure that all of the planned rituals and traditions are not missed by any of the guests.
- These individuals are experienced in handling tough or awkward situations that may arise during the wedding.
- They know how to take care of guests from different cultures and ages.
These points verify that if you want your wedding to proceed smoothly and in a fun and lively manner, a professional MC is necessary. Matt Saltzer is a master at this, with over 25 years of experience presiding over weddingsand other events in and well beyond the Harrisburg, Hershey and York regions of Pennsylvania.
Get to know more about Matt here.